2. When aluminum reacts with sulfuric acid, the result is aluminum sulfate and hydrogen gas. How many moles of sulfuric acid (H2SO4) will react with 24 moles of aluminum?
12 14 16 18 20
3. Substance A combines with substance B to form Substance AB. B is a diatomic molecule. You are given 3.15 moles of B2. If A is in excess, how many moles of AB are produced?
1.20 2.30 3.25 5.60 6.30
4. When 2 moles of propane (C3H8, MW = 44 grams) is combusted with oxygen gas, how many grams of CO2 (MW: 44 grams) are produced?
88 44 3 132 264
5. There are two beakers sitting on a table. One contains 56.20 grams of water. The other contains hydrochloric acid (HCl). The number of atoms of hydrogen in the HCl equals the number of total atoms in the beaker full of water. How many grams of HCl are in the second beaker?
341.4 grams 142.4 g 938.1 g 53.29 g None of these
6. Hydrochloric acid reacts with calcium carbonate yielding calcium chloride, water, and carbon dioxide. How many moles of calcium carbonate would be necessary to react with 8 moles of HCl?
1 2 3 4 5
7. What is the % mass of carbon in carbon dioxide?
44% 25% 27% 63% 50%
8. If 11 grams in a reaction was obtained, and you had a theoretical yield of 14 grams, what is your % yield?
0.79% 79% 11% 14% 12%
9. Substance X has a mass of 36.08 grams. Calculations show that .199 moles of substance X exist. What element is most likely X?
Molybdenum Technetium Ruthenium Rhodium Palladium
10. Hydrogen gas and oxygen gas can form water. What mass of water will form from excess oxygen and 24.0 g H2? (Assume a complete reaction)
107 216 24.0 48.0 96.0
11. A chemistry student was performing an experiment involving the following reaction: C3H8 (g) + O2 (g) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (g), balancing it with the coefficients 1, 5, 2, and 4 respectively. The oxygen was in excess. He used 20.18 grams of C3H8. When he measured the amount of CO2 produced, he was astounded to find that 46.22 grams were produced, 5.88 grams more than the theoretical yield of 40.34. What went wrong? Hint: Look at the formula
C3H8's coefficient should be 3, not 1 CO2's coefficient should be 3, not 2 O2's coefficient should be 3, not 5 Water's coefficient should be 3, not 4 None of these
12. 6.02x1023 is....
a random number Avogadro's number stoichiometry percent yield None of these
13. Balance the following equation (find what number coefficient X is): NH3 (g) + O2 (g) --> NO (g) + XH2O (g).
2 3 4 5 6
14. The empirical formula of a compound is C10H20 with a molar mass of 284 grams, find the molecular weight.
C20H40 C10H20 C5H10 C4H8 CH4
15. There are 2.34 moles of substance A3 combined with 2.77 moles of substance B. Assume that the reaction goes to completion. After the reaction is complete, AB is reacted with substance C2. The reaction creates CB and A. If C2 was in excess during the second reaction, then how many moles of CB were produced?
2.43 moles 3.82 moles 4.38 moles 7.02 moles None of these
| about us | contact us
tutorials index | organic
chemistry | practice tests | online
quizzes | reference tools
site copyright (c) 2002 to neopages.com