2. 6.02x1023 is....
a random number Avogadro's number stoichiometry percent yield None of these
3. A chemistry student was performing an experiment involving the following reaction: C3H8 (g) + O2 (g) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (g), balancing it with the coefficients 1, 5, 2, and 4 respectively. The oxygen was in excess. He used 20.18 grams of C3H8. When he measured the amount of CO2 produced, he was astounded to find that 46.22 grams were produced, 5.88 grams more than the theoretical yield of 40.34. What went wrong? Hint: Look at the formula
C3H8's coefficient should be 3, not 1 CO2's coefficient should be 3, not 2 O2's coefficient should be 3, not 5 Water's coefficient should be 3, not 4 None of these
4. Ferric chloride can be made by the reaction of iron with chlorine gas. How much mass, in grams, is needed to completely react with 24.0 g chlorine gas?
12.59 24.0 48.0 12.6 48.01
5. Balance the following equation (find what number coefficient X is): NH3 (g) + O2 (g) --> NO (g) + XH2O (g).
2 3 4 5 6
6. The formation of ammonia is shown by the following reaction: N2 (g) + 3H2 (g)--> 2NH3 (g). You are given 13.85 grams of nitrogen and 5.27 grams of hydrogen. If the experiment produced 3.297 grams of ammonia, then what is the percent yield?
25% 50% 35.80% 76.60% None of these
7. How many grams is 0.25 moles of table salt (NaCl?)
58.44 grams 14.61 grams 14.6 grams 58 grams 15 grams
8. When aluminum reacts with sulfuric acid, the result is aluminum sulfate and hydrogen gas. How many moles of sulfuric acid (H2SO4) will react with 24 moles of aluminum?
12 14 16 18 20
9. Hydrochloric acid reacts with calcium carbonate yielding calcium chloride, water, and carbon dioxide. How many moles of calcium carbonate would be necessary to react with 8 moles of HCl?
1 2 3 4 5
10. There are 2.34 moles of substance A3 combined with 2.77 moles of substance B. Assume that the reaction goes to completion. After the reaction is complete, AB is reacted with substance C2. The reaction creates CB and A. If C2 was in excess during the second reaction, then how many moles of CB were produced?
2.43 moles 3.82 moles 4.38 moles 7.02 moles None of these
11. How many carbon molecules are present in 5.0 grams of glucose? (C6H12O6)
1.0 * 10^22 5.1 * 10^22 1.0 * 10^23 6 None
12. What is the % mass of carbon in carbon dioxide?
44% 25% 27% 63% 50%
13. Hydrogen gas and oxygen gas can form water. What mass of water will form from excess oxygen and 24.0 g H2? (Assume a complete reaction)
107 216 24.0 48.0 96.0
14. The empirical formula of a compound is C10H20 with a molar mass of 284 grams, find the molecular weight.
C20H40 C10H20 C5H10 C4H8 CH4
15. If 11 grams in a reaction was obtained, and you had a theoretical yield of 14 grams, what is your % yield?
0.79% 79% 11% 14% 12%
| about us | contact us
tutorials index | organic
chemistry | practice tests | online
quizzes | reference tools
site copyright (c) 2002 to neopages.com