2. A chemistry student was performing an experiment involving the following reaction: C3H8 (g) + O2 (g) --> CO2 (g) + H2O (g), balancing it with the coefficients 1, 5, 2, and 4 respectively. The oxygen was in excess. He used 20.18 grams of C3H8. When he measured the amount of CO2 produced, he was astounded to find that 46.22 grams were produced, 5.88 grams more than the theoretical yield of 40.34. What went wrong? Hint: Look at the formula
C3H8's coefficient should be 3, not 1 CO2's coefficient should be 3, not 2 O2's coefficient should be 3, not 5 Water's coefficient should be 3, not 4 None of these
3. On a faraway planet, the following system of measurement is used: 1 zorg = 5.81 zaks 1 zak = .87 zips 1 zip = 2.52 zeeks 1 zeek = 10.02 yaks 1 yak = 3.91 zaps How many zorgs are in 3.20 zaps?
5.81 12.53 2.74 0.00641 None of these
4. 6.02x1023 is....
a random number Avogadro's number stoichiometry percent yield None of these
5. The formation of ammonia is shown by the following reaction: N2 (g) + 3H2 (g)--> 2NH3 (g). You are given 13.85 grams of nitrogen and 5.27 grams of hydrogen. If the experiment produced 3.297 grams of ammonia, then what is the percent yield?
25% 50% 35.80% 76.60% None of these
6. How many kilometers are in 10.00 miles? (1 inch equals exactly 2.54 centimeters)
2.04 km 4.09 km 8.09 km 16.09 km None of these
7. Hydrogen gas and oxygen gas can form water. What mass of water will form from excess oxygen and 24.0 g H2? (Assume a complete reaction)
107 216 24.0 48.0 96.0
8. The empirical formula of a compound is C10H20 with a molar mass of 284 grams, find the molecular weight.
C20H40 C10H20 C5H10 C4H8 CH4
9. What is the % mass of carbon in carbon dioxide?
44% 25% 27% 63% 50%
10. The combustion of butane (C4H10 with oxygen gas will yield carbon dioxide and water. Calculate the % yield of CO2 when 42 grams of butane are burned with 16.0 grams of oxygen and 10. grams of CO2 was formed.
25% 100% 32% 74% 64%
11. Balance the following equation (find what number coefficient X is): NH3 (g) + O2 (g) --> NO (g) + XH2O (g).
2 3 4 5 6
12. If 11 grams in a reaction was obtained, and you had a theoretical yield of 14 grams, what is your % yield?
0.79% 79% 11% 14% 12%
13. Substance X has a mass of 36.08 grams. Calculations show that .199 moles of substance X exist. What element is most likely X?
Molybdenum Technetium Ruthenium Rhodium Palladium
14. There are 2.34 moles of substance A3 combined with 2.77 moles of substance B. Assume that the reaction goes to completion. After the reaction is complete, AB is reacted with substance C2. The reaction creates CB and A. If C2 was in excess during the second reaction, then how many moles of CB were produced?
2.43 moles 3.82 moles 4.38 moles 7.02 moles None of these
15. When 2 moles of propane (C3H8, MW = 44 grams) is combusted with oxygen gas, how many grams of CO2 (MW: 44 grams) are produced?
88 44 3 132 264
| about us | contact us
tutorials index | organic
chemistry | practice tests | online
quizzes | reference tools
site copyright (c) 2002 to neopages.com