2. The empirical formula of a compound is C10H20 with a molar mass of 284 grams, find the molecular weight.
C20H40 C10H20 C5H10 C4H8 CH4
3. The formation of ammonia is shown by the following reaction: N2 (g) + 3H2 (g)--> 2NH3 (g). You are given 13.85 grams of nitrogen and 5.27 grams of hydrogen. If the experiment produced 3.297 grams of ammonia, then what is the percent yield?
25% 50% 35.80% 76.60% None of these
4. How many carbon molecules are present in 5.0 grams of glucose? (C6H12O6)
1.0 * 10^22 5.1 * 10^22 1.0 * 10^23 6 None
5. What is the mass percent of oxygen in H2SO4 (sulfuric acid)?
0 1% 2.04% 32.70% 65.26%
6. Substance X has a mass of 36.08 grams. Calculations show that .199 moles of substance X exist. What element is most likely X?
Molybdenum Technetium Ruthenium Rhodium Palladium
7. When aluminum reacts with sulfuric acid, the result is aluminum sulfate and hydrogen gas. How many moles of sulfuric acid (H2SO4) will react with 24 moles of aluminum?
12 14 16 18 20
8. On a faraway planet, the following system of measurement is used: 1 zorg = 5.81 zaks 1 zak = .87 zips 1 zip = 2.52 zeeks 1 zeek = 10.02 yaks 1 yak = 3.91 zaps How many zorgs are in 3.20 zaps?
5.81 12.53 2.74 0.00641 None of these
9. If 11 grams in a reaction was obtained, and you had a theoretical yield of 14 grams, what is your % yield?
0.79% 79% 11% 14% 12%
10. How many moles in 20 g of water?
1.11 20 18 1.1 42
11. What is the % mass of carbon in carbon dioxide?
44% 25% 27% 63% 50%
12. 6.02x1023 is....
a random number Avogadro's number stoichiometry percent yield None of these
13. The combustion of butane (C4H10 with oxygen gas will yield carbon dioxide and water. Calculate the % yield of CO2 when 42 grams of butane are burned with 16.0 grams of oxygen and 10. grams of CO2 was formed.
25% 100% 32% 74% 64%
14. There are 2.34 moles of substance A3 combined with 2.77 moles of substance B. Assume that the reaction goes to completion. After the reaction is complete, AB is reacted with substance C2. The reaction creates CB and A. If C2 was in excess during the second reaction, then how many moles of CB were produced?
2.43 moles 3.82 moles 4.38 moles 7.02 moles None of these
15. There are two beakers sitting on a table. One contains 56.20 grams of water. The other contains hydrochloric acid (HCl). The number of atoms of hydrogen in the HCl equals the number of total atoms in the beaker full of water. How many grams of HCl are in the second beaker?
341.4 grams 142.4 g 938.1 g 53.29 g None of these
| about us | contact us
tutorials index | organic
chemistry | practice tests | online
quizzes | reference tools
site copyright (c) 2002 to neopages.com